SHARE THIS POSITION
The objective of the Sales Engineer’s job is to promote the sale of Geostar products and services to organizations with or without building automation systems. The focus will be to obtain sales orders by contacting owner’s representatives, consulting engineers, and mechanical contractors on all phases of selling equipment and servicing new or existing products. This will include assistance in basic layout and design of systems for large commercial buildings and industrial plants, financial analysis of equipment purchases, selections of equipment to comply with specifications, estimating and preparing proposals, execution of order and preparation and submittal of all approval data. Sales Engineer must continue to serve the customer after the sale and during installation to ensure satisfaction and to promote future business.
- Ensure the obtainment of new equipment, service and sales growth, and profit objectives.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Maintain current knowledge of product design and applications to ensure that they are sold properly.
- Maintain and promote a favorable company image to customers through courteous and helpful service.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain features, and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, delivery dates, determine price schedules/discount rates.
- Increase market penetration of all products and services within the target markets.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments and prepare sales contracts and internal order forms.
- Recommend products and services to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports, resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- 3 or more years of Sales experience within the HVAC or Controls Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred, but not required.