SHARE THIS POSITION
Project Manager – Estimator
This position will report to the Geostar Director of Operations. Conducts application estimating, design, installation, and commissioning of systems. Strives for excellence in customer satisfaction through on site customer interface and communications. With complete technical competence, mentors fellow technicians on building automation and service activities. Completes required project documentation.
- Design of control systems based upon project requirements or industry standards requiring knowledge of electronic or digital controls systems and documents these designs using AutoCAD or Visio into controls drawings and writes and test the programs using the various languages of controls systems software.
- Prepares overall estimating functions.
- Consults with the customer to provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades, and design enhancements to systems. Provides technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reports problems to management. Interfaces with company employees and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required professionally.
- Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Documents with the customer any outstanding issues and recommends system upgrades and or replacement. Promotes the sale of additional technical support and work for the customer.
- Trains and teaches the customer in control systems operations and provides Manuals and documentation as required.
- Completes job documentation such as completion certificate, customer training, certificates, and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study seeking to enhance and improve proficiency in various product lines.
- Knowledge of Computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML).
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and related DDC and building management systems.
- Working knowledge of Internet related technologies and programming along with web-based graphics.
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret specifications.
- 3+ years field or applications engineering experience in Building Management Systems and HVAC principles and basics.
- Experience with Niagara Framework, LonWorks, BACnet and graphical programming languages a plus; Johnson Controls and Tridium experience highly desirable.
- Ability to manage own backlog to ensure timely and accurate job completion.
- Ability to handle multiple system designs and installations.
- Ability to self-learn on new technologies to broaden own knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.